Saturday 4 February 2012

PS3 Backward Compatibility

It's been a while, so here goes: I recently picked up a couple of PS2 games, at the local used game shop. Two Evil Dead games that I have always meant to play through, but never got around to it. So now I have them, and of course I have my older, fat, 80gig PS3 console. Well, no dice. Mine is not backward compatible. I had thought all the old fat PS3's were PS2 friendly, but today, I discovered the opposite. Here is a list of PS3 serial #'s that will do PS2 games:
80 GB Model Number CECHE01 CAN play PS2 games
60 GB Model Number CECHA01 CAN play PS2 games
20 GB Model Number CECHB01 CAN play PS2 games

If your looking for a PS3, that is backward compatible, these are the only models that can do it. Pay attention when your looking for a used system. Hint...they're pretty scarce....if you've got one, I suggest hanging on to it!! Good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment